Thursday, May 19, 2016

Rocky lost 47 pounds, three sizes, and 30 inches overall!

Strength training with personal trainer Rancho Bernardo helped Rocky, 67, lose 47 pounds and gain muscle. She explains, “I’m a whole lot stronger now, and most of my progress has been in my legs. I also had an easier time going up stairs, my knees weren’t bothering me as much, and my balance was better.”

Rocky Rockmaker admits, “I was a stress eater.” Taking care of her mom had taken its toll, and after her mom passed away she went through a rough patch for about two years. It didn’t help that she had knee and hip problems, which made even walking difficult. The extra eating and inactivity caught up with her. “I was a beach ball,” she says. A former ballet dancer, Rocky was determined to lose the weight and get back in shape, and she knew she needed to find an exercise regime to make it happen.

In October of 2013 she decided to check out The Perfect Workout’s Rancho Bernardo studio near her home. “I had never really worked with weights before,” she says. “I didn’t even realize in the beginning that the results were happening. My initial goal was to lose some weight, and a couple months in I noticed that I had. The strength increases took longer. I’m a whole lot stronger now, and most of my progress has been in my legs. I also had an easier time going up stairs, my knees weren’t bothering me as much, and my balance was better.”

Her dog, Halfrek, is thrilled with the whole process. “We go for walks now, and she’s very happy with it. The only thing she doesn’t like is that she doesn’t get as many breaks.” Rocky is taking a cue from her dog on the dieting front, too. “Halfrek has always been good at watching her diet. That’s what I’m doing now.

I eat when I’m hungry and stop when I’m not.” Simple advice, right? Rocky attributes her success so far to the combination of eating right and her two 20-minute workouts each week. After losing 47 pounds, she says, “I have a waist again! I look fine, though not as good as I’d like. I’m not at my ‘fighting weight’ yet. I’d like to lose another 20 pounds.”

This former self-described “beach ball” has transformed into a svelte new woman, happy about life and the way she looks. Recently she had to show her driver’s license on a trip to the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. It was one of her old “fat” pictures, and the woman looking at her license couldn’t believe the change. She said, “Wow, you’ve lost a lot of weight” and brought everyone over to look at it. “It was a real boost, very uplifting,” says Rocky. “The Perfect Workout has made a huge difference.”


The Perfect Workout Rancho Bernardo
16486 Bernardo Center Dr #124,
San Diego, CA 92128, United States
+1 858-434-0300

No comments:

Post a Comment